One of the fastest ways to lose a client is to miss out on opportunities you have to serve their needs, which is why in today’s global economy, it is more important than ever to maintain quality customer service. This is especially true, when speaking of commercial property. Whether that commercial property is large-scale real estate or residential, there is innovative software technology that can help maximize the service you provide your tenants and help generate your company more revenue.
Property Management for Residential Real Estate
The crisis in the housing market has left thousands of people looking for a new place to live. In fact, “foreclosure filings spiked to 71% in the third quarter of this year,” according to money.cnn.com, and many of these displaced people are now living in apartment rentals. As a property management company, the goal is not only to get your apartments rented, but also, keep the renters in their units, and the quickest way to watch those renters walk out the door at the end of their lease is to leave them feeling neglected. In order to ensure renter satisfaction and promote positive word of mouth advertisement for your properties, you want to stay organized and on top of the maintenance and upkeep of the property you are managing. One of the best ways to do this is to allow tenants to communicate directly with the management company via a website.
How Software Can Help
One of the things we specialize in at Datex Media is personalizing different companies’ websites to match their specific needs, and implementing a corporate portal is one way we can help property management companies do business more effectively. We can also create software that integrates both the internal portal and the external website to allow more effective communication between your residents and or and the management team. Here are a few examples of how this type of software can help streamline business.
1. create one location to submit work orders and service requests, which minimizes the amount of time a renter has to wait to get something fixed
2. create one location for all property managers to input and track lease information for all the different buildings the company owns
3. create an executive dashboard where approved personal can view all pertinent information regarding their rental properties
4. create a central location to input and view a summary of all the property vendors.
5. and coming soon, the ability to download and organize all necessary data into your iPhone
While these are a few of the different ways we can help property management companies in residential real estate, the options are really endless. As the client, you work hand-in-hand with Datex Media to create whatever system best suits your company’s needs.
Property Management for Large-Scale Real Estate
In an article written for Financialweek.com, Frank Bryt writes that commercial properties “have risen to a 7.7% vacancy rate, which is the highest it’s been in 12 years; this also marks the 12th consecutive quarter of flat or deteriorating retail occupancy at the national level.” With these numbers being what they are, keeping your tenants is just as important as maintaining and increasing your customer traffic. Using specialized software can help keep your renters and shoppers happy.
How Software Can Help
Creating a corporate portal and integrating it into your external website can greatly improve your productivity, customer satisfaction and provide an avenue for marketing that cost less and reaches a wider audience. Here are a few examples of what this type of software can do;
1. centralize communication between the property owner, manager and the people who rent space in your building
2. facilitate a quicker and more efficient way of submitting service and maintenance requests
3. create a summary of all renters in your building
4. generate more revenue by creating an opportunity for each renter to market their products and sales online
5. generate more revenue by advertising to the public different events taking place at or related to your property
6. create a summary of the different businesses and services offered in your building that the customer can access online
In today’s global economy, it is more important than ever to maintain customer satisfaction. With the housing market being what it is, apartment rentals are raising, and with the economy slumping, maintaining tenants in larger commercial properties is becoming more of a challenge. Implementing innovative software technology can help your business stay organized and stay abreast of what is going on with every aspect, and in today’s market, the better service you provide, the more revenue you will generate.